Given that this is required for hardware support, rc3 is tested already
in Debian and other distros, Mantic is an interim release, and also
taking into account Timo's familiarity with the package (see
d/changelog), I'm +1 with this request. I also tested the PPA packages
and they worked fine for me.

+1 also for the plan to SRU upstream release up to .0 and then follow
the normal SRU policy.

For reference, a similar request was handled in LP: #1990387, and
approved with a similar rationale.

FFe approved.

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  FFe: Mesa 23.2.0

Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:

  Upstream still hasn't released Mesa 23.2.0 (as of Sep 19th) which is
  almost seven weeks past it's original release date. But at least we
  have an rc3 which is "only" two weeks old. Yes, we are getting close
  to mantic release but this series is something we want for Intel
  Meteor Lake support.

  This is now fresh in Debian unstable, and has been in Fedora 39 for a
  month already without any apparent drama.

  Build available at the x-staging ppa
  https://launchpad.net/~canonical-x/+archive/ubuntu/x-staging/+packages

  xnox: Separately to amd64, this new mesa would also be useful on many
  arm64 platforms with a lot of improvements for RaspberryPi, Ubuntu
  Concept X13s, and Apple / Asahi hardware.

  I strongly request that upgrade of mesa is also considered because of
  the Arm platform improvements in Mesa 23.2.0.

  The request is to ship rc, SRU upto final upstream GA .0 release, and
  enforce SRU policy after that.

  Other distributions are also shipping this Mesa RC largely due to the
  very same reasons, thus this will align hardware compatiblity and
  performance with other distributions launching this autumn.