I've added some debugging code to my unity8 and here's the output from
when I just saw this happen:

[times are in ms]
qml: =============== Power pressed: 1416822034134 false
qml: ================ Timer restarted 1416822034135
qml: =============== Power status changed: 1416822034272 0 2
qml: ================ Dialog shown 1416822036630
qml: =============== Power released: 1416822036762 false

So as can be seen here the dialog is actually shown on *suspend*, not
resume. There's a 2.6s delay between the press and release events, even
though the key has been released within 150ms (hence the power status
change). Not sure where the event could get delayed like that, yet.

  Power dialog sometimes shown on resume

Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu RTM:

  Unfortunately no good steps to reproduce, other than "resume your
  phone", from time to time you'll get the power dialog displayed on
  screen.

  The reason for this could be twofold: a) you pressed the power button
  in your pocket b) input is confused and keyUp event does not reach
  unity8.