Proposed changes to avoid the event storm

** Patch added: "udisks2-1_2.10.1-1_2.10.1-1ubuntu1.debdiff"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udisks2/+bug/2037569/+attachment/5705929/+files/udisks2-1_2.10.1-1_2.10.1-1ubuntu1.debdiff

  udev issues with mantic beta

Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:
  Confirmed
Status in libblockdev package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in udisks2 package in Ubuntu:

  While installing mantic beta (on s390x, LPAR and z/VM - but this might not be
architecture specific) I faced issues with udev.
  In my installation I've updated the installer to "edge/lp-2009141" (subiquity
 22.02.2+git1762.1b1ee6f4  5164).

  During my installations I first noticed bad response times in case of
  dealing with devices (like enabling new devices with chzdev). chzdev
  is used during the installation, hence the installation procedure is
  also affected by this. (I mainly notice this issue in case of DASD
  ECKD disk enablements.)

  But even after after a successful (but due to this issue less snappier)
installation, means after the post-install reboot, in the installed system I
can find several udev related processes, like:
    69448 root      20   0   31280  11944   2560 S  39.2   0.0   2:51.67
(udev-worker)
      509 root      20   0   31276  13812   4600 S  20.6   0.0   2:07.76
systemd-udevd
      893 root      20   0  469016  13544  10496 R  17.3   0.0   1:43.53
udisksd
        1 root      20   0  168664  12748   8396 S  16.3   0.0   1:40.47
systemd
  which is not only unusual, but (as one can see) they consume quite some
resources.
  Even the remote ssh into that system is impacted by this high load.

  So far I only see this in mantic.
  I tried 20.04.3 as well as lunar, but both do not seem to be affected by this
udev problem.
  I neither face the bad response on device enablement, nor can see any udev
related processes still running after post-install-reboot in the installed
system.

  (Sometimes I could also see a growing log file 'syslog').

  I cannot say yet what is causing this, but since I see 'systemd-udevd'
  as prominent process in top, I'll first of all mark this as affecting
  systemd-udevd (or systemd).

  I've attached the outcome of some more investigations I did ...