** Changed in: ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-ui-toolkit (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  needs emulator for "close on screen keyboard"

Status in Ubuntu UI Toolkit:
  Confirmed
Status in “ubuntu-ui-toolkit” package in Ubuntu:

  I'm currently writing tests for messaging-app. To go back from
  composing a message, the user currently has to (1) swipe down to close
  the OSK (on-screen keyboard), (2) swipe up to get the toolbar, and (3)
  press back.

  Turns out that it is rather hard to close the keyboard, as you cannot
  even get an object for it. Right now I came up with the following
  hack:

      def close_osk(self):
          '''Swipe down to close on-screen keyboard'''

          # TODO: hack! this belongs into the Ubuntu UI toolkit emulator
          x1, y1, x2, y2 = self.main_view.globalRect
          mid_x = (x2 - x1) // 2
          mid_y = (y2 - y1) * 7 // 10
          self.pointing_device.drag(mid_x, mid_y, mid_x, y2)
          time.sleep(1)