thanks! I got feedback from xnox on my SRU, so it was still on my list
to improve it but got swamped with the sprints prep (it's only my 2nd
SRU..). Just to be clear I understand, do I need to open a new bug for
mantic, or can i reuse this one?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to modemmanager in Ubuntu.

   [SRU] Fix fcc-unlock script for Lenovo X13s

Status in modemmanager package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in modemmanager source package in Mantic:
  New
Status in modemmanager source package in Noble:

  [ Impact ]

  Some of the Lenovo X13s laptop SKUs, based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon
  8cx, come with an integrated 4G/5G modem. The modem on the X13s is
  manufactured by foxconn, and is based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon X55
  PCIe modem.

  Here is the output of mmcli -m 0 on an X13s

    Hardware  |            manufacturer: foxconn
              |                   model: Qualcomm Snapdragon X55 5G
              |       firmware revision: T99W175.F0.6.0.0.6.OG.005
              |                          045  1  [Feb 03 2023 10:00:00]

  All Linux kernel drivers are upstream to support this data modem, and
included in the Ubuntu kernel for mantic. The support for this modem is also
merged in modemmanager, including the fcc-unlock script for this modem model
(https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/commit/ac06052b97cc02e60ae1ed7a551727b3c14d6a22).

  We are however missing the symlink for the specific PCIe ID link
  reported on the X13s for this modem, which is shown by lspci as:

  0004:01:00.0 Wireless controller [0d40]: Foxconn International, Inc.
  T99W175 5G Modem [Snapdragon X55] [105b:e0c3]

  This is already fixed upstream with
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-
  broadband/ModemManager/-/commit/8061bcd9c03c26946b6fa3356313e069203f8838.

  With the backport of this patch the modem on the X13S can be enabled
  by laptop users using the fcc-unlock generic guidelines. And mobile
  broadband is working out of the box. Without it, the modem won't work.

  [ Test Plan ]

  Without the ability to FCC unlock this modem model, any attempt to
  enable/start the modem will fail / stall, as detailed on
  https://modemmanager.org/docs/modemmanager/fcc-unlock/.

  With this backport/fix, the Ubuntu Mobile network settings/UI can be
  used to enabled the modem, unlock the SIM card and connect to the
  4G/5G network (assuming the user has a SIM card with an appropriate
  data plan).

  [ Where problems could occur ]

  The patch is fairly isolated change. The purpose of this change is to
  create an additional symlink in /usr/share/ModemManager/fcc-
  unlock.available.d/ whose name is the PCIe ID of this specific device.
  PCIe IDs are documented here: https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-
  lkddb/MHI_BUS.html.

  Also links in this folder have no effect on the system, unless the
  user manually enable the appropriate fcc unlock script, typically by
  adding a link in /etc/ModemManager/fcc-unlock.d/ to the appropriate
  modem model script.

  [ Other Info ]

  I am working on a debdiff, and will upload shortly