CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Tue Nov 21 14:38:42 2023
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 23.04 "Lunar Lobster" - Release amd64 (20230418)
PackageArchitecture: all
ProcEnviron:
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 SHELL=/bin/bash
 TERM=xterm-256color
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
RebootRequiredPkgs: Error: path contained symlinks.
SourcePackage: apport
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to mantic on 2023-11-05 (16 days ago)

** Affects: apport (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug mantic

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-bug does not allow for reporting a bug in "other software"
  manually giving a symptom description

Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  the man page of ubuntu-bug/apport-bug (what is the difference? why am
  I shown the manpage of apport-bug when typing man ubuntu-bug?) says
  running apport-bug without arguments results in showing me a list of
  symptoms.

  When I try to report a bug in some general program that is not related
  to the other 9 categories - which is most of the 10000 apps in Ubuntu
  - I must chose "Other Problem" - but in contrary to the man page that
  tells me I am asked about further things, I only get "You need to
  specific the pakacge or PID".

  I currently try to report a bug in the things that identifies itself
  as "Ubuntu Software" in the Dock, but I have no idea what its correct
  program or package name is, and have no idea how to find that. In PS
  there is no process with "ubuntu" or "software" in its name.

  Package: apport 2.27.0-0ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.2.0-1015.15-lowlatency 6.2.16
  Uname: Linux 6.2.0-1015-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.27.0-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME