Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
review all reported bugs in a timely manner.

Ubuntu 13.10 (saucy) reached end-of-life on July 17, 2014.

I'm setting the status of this bug to 'Invalid' as it's not seen any
activity for some time and no-one has confirmed the issue.

If this is still an problem while using a currently maintained release
of Ubuntu then please let us know which one(s) and revert the status
back to 'New'.

** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  vim.basic crashed with SIGSEGV in modify_fname()

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:

  creating a desktop launcher

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.04