Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
review all reported bugs in a timely manner.

Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) reached end-of-standard-support on April 25, 2019.

I'm setting the status of this bug to 'Incomplete' as it's not seen any
activity for some time. If this is still an issue while using a
currently maintained release of Ubuntu then please let us know which
one(s) otherwise this bug report can be left to expire in approximately
60 days time.

** Changed in: vim (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to vim in Ubuntu.

  vim defaults for tm and ttm are wrong

Status in vim package in Ubuntu:

  While scouring the net for info on curious lag in vim that can eat keystrokes
  (devastating over a laggy link, which is one of the primary situations where
  vim is useful), every conversation pointed me to `:help ttm`, which says:

      A useful setting would be
              :set timeout timeoutlen=3000 ttimeoutlen=100
      (time out on mapping after three seconds, time out on key codes after a
      tenth of a second).

  So it appears that insead of putting the correct defaults in as the defaults,
  vim chose to bury the information deep inside the documentation.

  As a distro packaging vim, we have an opportunity to fix this.

  Package: vim 2:7.4.052-1ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-30.54-generic 3.13.11.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-30-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity