@wallento and @jose+ubu1, could you please run the command

ps aux | grep cups-proxyd

and post the output here and also could you attach the files

/var/snap/cups/current/var/log/cups-proxyd_log
/var/snap/cups/current/var/log/error_log
/var/log/cups/error_log

Attach the files one by one, in separate comments, and do not compress
them, this way I will be able to easily read right out of the browser.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Printer is not available in chromium snap

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  My printer is not available in chromium. I had the same problem in firefox
but fixed it with the following command:

    sudo snap connect firefox:cups-control

  However this did not work with the chromium snap. I got the following
  error:

    snap "chromium" has no plug named "cups-control"

  My printer is a network printer and is automatically detected by my
  Kubuntu install. It works out of the box with all native apps and
  flatpaks.