Public bug reported:

Hey there,

we encountered an error where the ip command in batch mode will fail
when trying to delete neighbor entries that aren't there anymore even
though the `-force` option is active.

$ ip -force -b /dev/stdin <<EOF
neighbor del 10.244.23.116 dev br-ex
address del 10.244.23.199 dev bgp-nic
EOF

This seems to be similar to the patch submitted by a cumulus engineer:
https://lkml.kernel.org/netdev/1426645592-4002-1-git-send-email-ro...@cumulusnetworks.com/

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/iproute2/iproute2.git/tree/ip/ipneigh.c#n213

Unfortunately this feature is very important to us, as we need to make
sure that the entries are gone for good and need the speed of the batch
mode to process the updates.

Thanks and best regards,
Justin Lamp

** Affects: iproute2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iproute2 in Ubuntu.

  IP Neighbor cannot force delete in batch mode

Status in iproute2 package in Ubuntu: