** Tags removed: foundations-todo
** Tags added: systemd-sru-next

  systemd-gpt-auto-generator is omitted since 253.5-1ubuntu5 resulting
  in boot failure

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in systemd source package in Mantic:

  I have my system set up to rely on GPT auto generator together with
  Discoverable Partitions Specification (DPS). After upgrading my system
  the gpt generator is no longer included resulting in boot failure.

  I have been able to workaround this by setting up the mounts in fstab but
that is unsatisfactory.
  Furthermore I work on an embedded device which uses Ubuntu as a base and
relies on the GPT auto generator. In this case it is not possible for me to
switch back to an old fstab file as we rely on some autodiscovery possible only
with DPS.

  Even though it is not used by the default installation, I kindly
  request to revert a366279a84730e92ed734710560ea833709f359d. Even
  though the default does not require it does not mean that no one else
  does. Also the generator binary fairly small at a few dozen KB so not
  much is gained from omitting it.