Public bug reported:

This is a tablet computer with a detachable keyboard and touchpad. When
I close and open the lid, the computer goes to sleep and wakes up as
expected, but the entire keyboard portion does not. The backlight stays
off, and keys and touchpad are unresponsive. Removing and reattaching
the keyboard is the only way to fix the problem.

This problem has been present as long as I've had the tablet (2022),
with queries on the web going back to when the computer was released
(2016). However, I can't find a bug report, so I'm posting one now.

Perhaps related: if I try to sleep via the DE (KDE Plasma), command
line, or power button, the computer fails to go to sleep. The screen
turns back on with the lock screen, and the keyboard backlight does not
go off.

Release: Kubuntu 23.10
Package version: 1.4.1.19

** Affects: pm-utils (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  Acer Switch Alpha 12: Keyboard does not wake after suspend

Status in pm-utils package in Ubuntu: