This isn't something Ubuntu should be working on. Please file a request
upstream with the original maintainer.

** Changed in: net-tools (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to net-tools in Ubuntu.

  Supporting device assignment in /etc/ethers

Status in net-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I'm using Ubuntu 13.04 dev with net-tools 1.60-24.2ubuntu1 (arp 1.88).
  The -s option from arp allows to load address informations from a
  file. But if I want to set a static arp entry for 2 different devices
  (for example eth0 and wlan0) I have to use 2 different files if I
  don't want to have all entries assigned to both devices.

  In this case it would be usefull if the format of the file had an
  optional extra column. This columns stores the assigned device which
  is only read if the -i option is not given.