** Changed in: initramfs-tools (Debian)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  initramfs-tools broken by libpam-tmpdir and /tmp mounted with noexec

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in initramfs-tools package in Debian:

  I would like to forward the bug that was reported against Debian
  "certain update-initramfs actions broken on systems with' from
  'cryptsetup-initramfs: cryptkeyctl script fails to discover
  decrypt_keyctl even when present" [1] to upstream initramfs-tools,
  which I think is here.

  To reproduce this bug in Debian:

  1) sudo apt install libpam-tmpdir

  2) Mount /tmp with noexec.

  This breaks the cryptkeyctl hook.

  Could you fix initramfs-tools compatibility with libpam-tmpdir and
  /tmp mounted with noexec please?

  Is there some more appropriate temporary folder for update-initramfs
  to use?

  By comparison, dracut has no such issue.

  [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1062756

  (Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Debian and writing this on my
  own imitative.)