The solution listed here works for my case above:
https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/2460#issuecomment-779212719

** Bug watch added: github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues #2460
   https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/2460

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Internal microphone realtek ALC257 is not working in 24.04 Noble
  (Fujitsu WU4/H1)

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  I tried to record sound with my internal Mic. Nothing is working. I
  use arecord.

  ```
  bagus:~$ arecord test.wav
  arecord: main:834: audio open error: Operation not supported
  bagus:~$ arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav -D copy foobar.wav
  ALSA lib pcm.c:2675:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM copy
  arecord: main:834: audio open error: No such file or directory

  bagus:~$ arecord -l
  **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
  card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 0: HDA Analog (*) []
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 6: DMIC (*) []
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  card 0: sofhdadsp [sof-hda-dsp], device 7: DMIC16kHz (*) []
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

  bagus:~$ lsb_release -rd
  No LSB modules are available.