Bingo! 20auto-upgrades was the cause. Thanks for the fast support!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Cannot set APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  On Ubuntu 22.04.4 running apt 2.4.11 (amd64), I cannot set
  APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists. No matter which value I enter, it
  is always interpreted as '1'. Steps to reproduce:

  1. Open /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10periodic
  2. Enter APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists "2" (or any other number, or
"3h" or "always")
  3. Save and exit
  4. Run sudo apt-config shell UpdateInterval
APT::Periodic::Update-Package-Lists
  5. The console prints UpdateInterval='1'

  Changing other config options, like APT::Periodic::Download-
  Upgradable-Packages, works. Changing the order of the lines in
  10periodic does not affect the result.