I've sponsored this for noble.  For the SRUs, I would like to see a test
case explicitly included that says you will regression-test this on
other bluetooth pairings on other devices: the patch is not a platform-
specific quirk, it is a change to generic bluetooth code, so there
should be explicit tests that it does not break other devices.

You mention in "where problems could occur" that you *have* tested the
patch; but we should test the actual binaries produced as part of the
SRU process, to be certain.

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu Noble)

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu Mantic)

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu Jammy)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Lenovo XT99 BT headset can't work in HFP profile

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in pulseaudio source package in Jammy:
  Incomplete
Status in pulseaudio source package in Mantic:
  Incomplete
Status in pulseaudio source package in Noble:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Summary]
  When use the ThinkPluse xt99 bluetooth head set to run the test
com.canonical.certification::bluetooth/audio_record_playback, it cannot record
the sound and playback.
  It seems this device cannot switch to Hand free mode in this platform.

  [Steps to reproduce]
  Connect the ThinkPluse xt99, use the Handfree mode, then try to record some
voice.

  [Expected result]
  The bluetooth headset ThinkPluse xt99 can use as a MIC to input sound.

  [Actual result]
  The bluetooth headset xt99 cannot work in the Handfree mode.

  [Failure rate]
  100%

  [Impact]
  With the current Ubuntu 22.04 oem image, we try to connect the LENOVO
  XT99 bt headset and let it work in HFP mode, we select HFP profile
  from gnome sound-setting, but the microphone will not auto change to
  bt microphone and the bt output could not work too. So this BT headset
  could only work in A2DP mode with the current 22.04 OEM image.

  And we tried ubuntu 22.04 generic image, mantic image and noble image,
  none of them could make the headset work in HFP mode.

  [Fix]
  Cherry-pick a pulseaudio commit from upstream.

  [Test]
  Install the patched pulseaudio and reboot, connect to the LENOVO XT99
  bt headset, select it to work in HFP mode, tested playback and capture,
  all worked well.

  [Where problems could occur]
  This change will impact bt headset negotiation process in the pulseaudio,
  so the possiblity of regression is limited to bt headset, it could make
  the bt headset fail to connect, but this possibility is very low, we tested
  the patch with different bt headset and bt speaker, all worked well.