Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: ubuntu-meta (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu-desktop: unnecessary hard "Depends: pipewire-audio"

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in ubuntu-meta source package in Lunar:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Recommend demoting pipewire-audio from Depends: to Recommends:.

  Reason: While it's not ideal, the Ubuntu Desktop can still function on
  the pulseaudio backend rather than using the direct pipewire-alsa
  backend which conflicts with the pulseaudio package. This would help
  people who wish to have a more traditional JACK setup that is bridged
  to pulseaudio. Right now, this setup is incompatible.

  --------
  Original description:

  I have installed successfully the standard Ubuntu 23.04 (on a 500 GB
  external USB drive). Immediately after the installation, I have also
  installed with apt the "ubuntustudio-installer" package.

  In the dialog provided by the ubuntustudio-installer, I have selected
  the following metapackages:

  - linux-lowlatency
  - ubuntustudio-lowlatency-settings
  - ubuntustudio-performance-tweaks
  - ubuntustudio-audio
  - ubuntu-pulseaudio-config

  and pressed "Modify installed Package Selection"

  After a while a "qaptbatch" dialog has appeared with title

  "Commit Error"

  and message

  "An error occurred while applying changes"

  So the installation has failed. Then I have tried to manually install
  each metapackage in the list above with apt and every package was
  installed successfully.