> alfonsosanchezbeato: to be clear, the networkctl reload/reconfigure commands
> seem to work, but after 6-8 minutes the state goes back to the one expressed
> by the old .network files
> alfonsosanchezbeato: you can even force the revert to happen sooner with sudo
> udevadm trigger, with that it tries to get control back too

** Also affects: systemd (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Configuration files for networkd are created when NetworkManager is the
defauilt renderer
+ Configuration files for networkd are created when NetworkManager is the
default renderer

  Configuration files for networkd are created when NetworkManager is
  the default renderer

Status in Netplan:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  This is happening in a UC image created with a gadget that disables
  console-conf:

  $ ubuntu-image snap --snap=network-manager=22 --snap pc_22.snap

  The snaps are:

  $ snap list
  Name             Version                 Rev    Tracking     Publisher   Notes
  core22           20240321                1344   latest/edge  canonical✓  base
  network-manager  1.36.6-9                876    22/stable    canonical✓  -
  pc               22-0.3                  x1     -            -
gadget
  pc-kernel        5.15.0-102.112.1+1      1731   22/beta      canonical✓
kernel
  snapd            2.62+git2017.g1afc063e  21490  latest/edge  canonical✓  snapd

  On first boot, the content in /etc/netplan is:

  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ cat /etc/netplan/00-default-nm-renderer.yaml
  network:
    renderer: NetworkManager
  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ cat /etc/netplan/50-cloud-init.yaml
  # This file is generated from information provided by the datasource.  Changes
  # to it will not persist across an instance reboot.  To disable cloud-init's
  # network configuration capabilities, write a file
  # /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/99-disable-network-config.cfg with the following:
  # network: {config: disabled}
  network:
      ethernets:
          ens3:
              dhcp4: true
              match:
                  macaddress: '52:54:00:12:34:56'
              set-name: ens3
      version: 2

  But we have a configuration file for systemd-networkd that should not be
there:

  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ cat /run/systemd/network/10-netplan-ens3.link
  [Match]
  PermanentMACAddress=52:54:00:12:34:56

  [Link]
  Name=ens3
  WakeOnLan=off

  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ networkctl
  IDX LINK TYPE     OPERATIONAL SETUP
    1 lo   loopback carrier     unmanaged
    2 ens3 ether    routable    configured

  While having to:

  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo cat
/run/NetworkManager/system-connections/netplan-ens3.nmconnection
  [connection]
  id=netplan-ens3
  type=ethernet
  interface-name=ens3

  [ethernet]
  wake-on-lan=0

  [ipv4]
  method=auto

  [ipv6]
  method=ignore

  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ nmcli c
  NAME          UUID                                  TYPE      DEVICE
  netplan-ens3  bec3d02a-c9e5-3283-92ab-ee43a4246c85  ethernet  ens3

  ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ nmcli d
  DEVICE  TYPE      STATE      CONNECTION
  ens3    ethernet  connected  netplan-ens3
  lo      loopback  unmanaged  --