Since this bug report was filed, there has been a security update of
gst-plugins-good1.0 in jammy which built successfully. Closing invalid.

** Changed in: gst-plugins-good1.0 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gst-plugins-good1.0 in

  Issue building the debian source archive

Status in gst-plugins-good1.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I cannot build the ubuntu source package gst-plugins-
  good1.0_1.20.3-0ubuntu1.dsc. I am doing:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gst-plugins-good1.0/gst-plugins-good1.0_1.20.3-0ubuntu1.dsc
  > cd gst-plugins-good1.0-1.20.3/
  > DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -d -nc -b

  and I receive the error:

  ../gst-libs/gst/basecamerabinsrc/meson.build:28:3: ERROR: Unknown
  variable "static_build".

  I am testing inside of an ubuntu:jammy-20220801 container.

  I have narrowed the issue down to a patch in the changelog on the 15th
  Mar which states "Import plugins from -bad that are needed for main
  applications". This patch imports some "bad" plugins into the source
  but the meson file isn't setup correctly for this to work. Manually
  removing the patches related to the bad plugins fixed the issue.