We have an update of the firefox profile coming that supports the
/opt/firefox/firefox location used as the default install for the
firefox downloaded directly from mozilla.org

If you are running firefox out of your home directory, that will not be
directly supported and you will need to chose to do one of the following
to fix the issue.

1. The recommended way is updating the firefox profile in
/etc/apparmor.d/firefox by adding the location you have firefox
installed, and then reloading the profile with sudo apparmor_parser -r
/etc/apparmor.d/firefox.

2. You can disable user namespaces, this will keep firefox from trying
to use them as part of ts sandbox https://lwn.net/Articles/673597/

3. the least recommended way to fix this is you can disable the finer
grained user namespace restrictions as outlined in
https://ubuntu.com/blog/ubuntu-23-10-restricted-unprivileged-user-
namespaces

** Changed in: qmapshack (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: qutebrowser (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: rssguard (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: supercollider (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: geary (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: goldendict-webengine (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: kchmviewer (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: loupe (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: notepadqq (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: pageedit (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  AppArmor user namespace creation restrictions cause many applications
  to crash with SIGTRAP

Status in AppArmor:
  New
Status in akonadiconsole package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in akregator package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in angelfish package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in bubblewrap package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in cantor package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in devhelp package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in digikam package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in epiphany-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in evolution package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in falkon package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in freecad package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in geary package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ghostwriter package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-packagekit package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in goldendict-webengine package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in kalgebra package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in kchmviewer package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in kdeplasma-addons package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in kgeotag package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in kiwix package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in kmail package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in konqueror package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in kontact package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in loupe package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in marble package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in notepadqq package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in opam package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in pageedit package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in plasma-desktop package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in plasma-welcome package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in privacybrowser package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in qmapshack package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in qutebrowser package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in rssguard package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in steam package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in supercollider package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in tellico package in Ubuntu:

  Hi, I run Ubuntu development branch 24.04 and I have a problem with
  Epiphany browser 45.1-1 (Gnome Web): program doesn't launch, and I get
  this error

  $ epiphany
  bwrap: Creating new namespace failed: Permission denied

  ** (epiphany:12085): ERROR **: 14:44:35.023: Failed to fully launch
dbus-proxy: Le processus fils s’est terminé avec le code 1
  Trappe pour point d'arrêt et de trace (core dumped)

  $ epiphany
  bwrap: Creating new namespace failed: Permission denied

  ** (epiphany:30878): ERROR **: 22:22:26.926: Failed to fully launch
dbus-proxy: Le processus fils s’est terminé avec le code 1
  Trappe pour point d'arrêt et de trace (core dumped)

  Thanks for your help!