  transient scope could not be started error in bionic lxd container

Status in snapd:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in systemd source package in Bionic:

  On my impish development host machine I tend to use lxd containers to
  support snap building and other tasks targeting different releases.
  Today I came to use a bionic container as per usual and found that I
  could not invoke any snap applications. I installed hello-world as the
  most simple test of running a snap app:

  ```
  ubuntu@b:~$ hello-world
  internal error, please report: running "hello-world" failed: transient scope
could not be started, job /org/freedesktop/systemd1/job/44 finished with result
failed
  ```

  I made sure the container had up to date packages in it (apt & snaps)
  and rebooted it. But the problem persisted. I then created a second
  container and installed hello-world in it and again the problem was
  reproducible. At the time of producing the following attachments I had
  not attempted to reboot the host.