The last comment made me realize we are talking about the Qt frontend
here, and yes, sure, we only ever implemented deb822 for the Gtk
frontend and the Dbus backend.

The Qt frontend needs to gain a deb822 entry editor dialog, possibly
some rendering fixes for deb822 source entries, and swap on deb822=True
in the SoftwareProperties.__init__() supercall to enable it.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  Software sources not correctly updated after upgrade and/or new
  installs

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  Upgrading Lubuntu Jammy to Lubuntu Noble using TUI results in
  "Software sources" not correctly updated after upgrade. Prompt= shows
  normal and not LTS

  Used command sudo do-release-upgrade -d

  Otherwise the upgrade is good

  see attached screenshot

  Package: software-properties-common 0.99.46
  ApportVersion: 2.28.0-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: LXQt
  Date: Sat Apr 13 11:44:28 2024
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 22.04.4 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20240331)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: software-properties
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to noble on 2024-04-13 (0 days ago)
  mtime.conffile..etc.init.d.apport: 2024-02-22T14:20:00