** Description changed:

+ [ Impact ]
+
+ Screen corruption of webkit2gtk apps in X11 on Raspberry Pi, such as
+ during install.
+
+ [ Test Plan ]
+
+ 1. Open the default Help app by clicking the question mark icon in the
+ dock or by running 'yelp'.
+
+ 2. Verify it didn't crash and the window contents are not corrupt.
+
+ [ Where problems could occur ]
+
+ The fix is limited to webkit2gtk so can only affect apps such as yelp or
+ the Raspberry Pi installer.
+
+ [ Other Info ]
+
  During the initial configuration of the Ubuntu Desktop for Raspberry Pi
  (the oem-config process, derived from ubiquity), on the Mantic beta
  images, after the various pages of information have been filled out and
  the process moves onto configuration, the "slide deck" that is usually
  displayed during the process appeared corrupted as if a horizontal
  stride were incorrectly set somewhere.

  I'm attached a photo of the screen (as, while I could take a screenshot
  during the process, it evidently wasn't saved somewhere persistent).

  I originally thought this might be a regression of LP: #1924251 as the
  corruption in the window looks very similar (incorrect horizontal stride
  causing "banding"), but I tested the embedded browser (via the help
  system) after completing setup and it worked perfectly so that's
  *probably* unrelated.

** Description changed:

  [ Impact ]

  Screen corruption of webkit2gtk apps in X11 on Raspberry Pi, such as
  during install.

  [ Test Plan ]

- 1. Open the default Help app by clicking the question mark icon in the
+ 1. Log into a Xorg session on a Raspberry Pi 4/400.
+
+ 2. Open the default Help app by clicking the question mark icon in the
  dock or by running 'yelp'.

- 2. Verify it didn't crash and the window contents are not corrupt.
+ 3. Verify it didn't crash and the window contents are not corrupt.

[...]

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Screen corruption of webkit2gtk apps in X11 on Raspberry Pi, such as
  during install

Status in Webkit:
  Confirmed
Status in mesa package in Ubuntu: