It also looks like on 24.04, the if-up.d scripts aren't run at all when
resuming from sleep.

Before 24.04:
- Boot
- My if-up.d script that triggers for "IFACE=wlp0s20f3" gets properly triggered
(it adds an IP alias to this interface using "ip addr add").
- Put ubuntu to sleep
- Resume ubuntu
- My if-up.d script that triggers for "IFACE=wlp0s20f3" gets properly triggered.

After 24.04:
- Boot
- My if-up.d script that triggers for "IFACE=wlp0s20f3" gets properly triggered
(it adds an IP alias to this interface using "ip addr add"). Apparently I could
fix this by triggering this script with "IFACE=-all". For now I manually run
the "ip addr add" command.
- Put ubuntu to sleep
- Resume ubuntu
- My if-up.d script that triggers for "IFACE=wlp0s20f3" is not called (not even
with "IFACE=-all"). The IP alias disappeared, so the interface did go down and
get back up, but the script wasn't called at all. For this I don't think I have
a fix?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ifupdown in Ubuntu.

  if-up.d files do not have effect on ubuntu 24.04 LTS

Status in ifupdown package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Some time ago I wrote a detailed answer to fix an error for lowering
  MTU size for a cisco-compatible VPN
  (here:https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/768757/unable-to-ssh-
  into-remote-machine-but-able-to-ping-vpnc/768758#768758)

  After upgrading to Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, I'm unable with the same steps to
  lower the MTU size.

  In particular, if I run the following command from the terminal

  sudo ifconfig your_tunnel_name mtu 1370 up

  it seems to lower the MTU size.

  However, the script under /etc/network/if-up.d is not automatically
  triggered.

  Does something change with the newer Ubuntu version?