the interesting part is that the full dialog was not shown. Even if
i-network would have crashed after requesting the dialog, unity8 still
should load it and show it fully.

Then again, the dialog would not do anything if i-network is dead, so
the notification-service (unity8) should monitor the snap-decision
invokers and automatically clean up any snap decisions from a d-bus
unique name that loses it's owner.

** Changed in: indicator-network (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-notifications in

  [greeter] strange persistant "Enter SIM1 PIN" dialog on  Greeter

Status in Ubuntu UX bugs:
  Triaged
Status in “indicator-network” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “unity-notifications” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu RTM:

  Build r133 Krillin

  I'm not entirely sure how to reproduce this bug but I try to sum up
  the conditions and how the phone was set up before.

  1. Make sure both SIM cards are inserted
  2. SIM1 is locked
  3. reboot device
  4 skip SIM PIN entry

  When skipping the SIM PIN entry screen, you can see a small glitch on
  the top of the screen. It looks like a dialog/snap but it disappears
  very quickly.

  Now, I had my device locked for a while and when I unlocked it via the hard
key button a snap decision appeared on top of the greeter saying "Enter SIM
PIN1". It is possible to swipe away the greeter screen but then this is it. You
are basically stuck.
  I managed as well to pull down the notifications menu but the snap stayed on
top of that.
  It looks like there is there passcode screen in the background and if you
want to return back to the greeter you have to lock/unlock the device with the
hard key button.

  Maybe anyone can reproduce this bug or knows what causes it. Please
  see attached screenshots for more visual info.