** Changed in: compiz

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: compiz

** Changed in: unity

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Windows can be hidden on another workspace

Status in Compiz:
  Confirmed
Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Invalid
Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in compiz package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  What happens:
  A window can be moved so that just a part of its lower edge is below the
bottom boundary of the current workspace (workspace 1). If I later swicth to
the workspace below (workspace 2), the window is registered as being on that
workspace -- even though the lower edge of the window is hidden by the top
panel of workspace 2. This means I can't activate the window by clicking its
icon in the Dash; I will have to switch back to workspace 1 before I can
interact with the window again. (see attached screenshot)

  This is a minor annoyance if you are familiar with workspaces. If you,
  however, accidentally switch workspace this can be really bad, since
  you do not know how to go back, and the application window will just
  appear to be "gone" even though it is still running. The only way for
  such a user to get back to the application is to restart it, losing
  potential work in the process.

  Expected behavior:
  Clicking the icon of a running applicaiton in the Dash should bring you to
the workspace/viewport were it occupies the biggest part of the screen. This
way, an application window cannot accidentally disappear.