This seems similar to bug 1341814 where the head contents are not
correctly handled when switching page head state.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-ui-toolkit in

  PageHeadState doens't correctly update head.contents

Status in ubuntu-ui-toolkit package in Ubuntu:

  See this small example code: http://paste.ubuntu.com/9426167/
  As you can see, I set both PageHeadState to change their 'contents' property
when changing state. The expected behavior would be to have in the page head a
Label when state is "default" and a TextEntry when in "search" state. However
after some interactions (switching state 2 times) both the Label and the Entry
are shown.
  As this doesn't happen with other properties, this should not happen with
contents.
  I can set a 'visible' property to each component as workaround though.

  Thanks,
  Giulio