apport information

** Tags added: apport-collected trusty

** Description changed:

  I am having a problem on my iBook G4 running Lu 14.04.1 . . . after
  running a recent update/upgrade with only 3 or 4 items listed, "dbus"
  was one I remember . . . screen went black . . . tried to do something
  in TTY console to "restart" . . . then wound up shutting down. On reboot
  the lightdm window loads, when I add my user password, the screen goes
  black, then the lightdm window loads again . . . . Using "guest" to log
  in gets me into a GUI that works . . . but I can't log in as the
  original admin/user.

  Booted into "recovery" and ran through the dpkg & fsck & network
  enabling . . . a few times, there were numerous errors that showed up .
  . . the user login problem was not fixed . . . .

  Pursuing this issue on the launchpad "questions" forum has given me some
  things to try out, including creating a new user, which I can log into
  and "sudo" with . . . the original user will not log into GUI, only a
  TTY.  I would like to be able to use the original admin user account, as
  the default account.

+ ---
+ ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.6
+ Architecture: powerpc
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
+ InstallationDate: Installed on 2014-10-27 (44 days ago)
+ InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release powerpc
(20140722.2)
+ Package: lightdm 1.10.1-0ubuntu1
+ PackageArchitecture: powerpc
+ ProcEnviron:
+  LANGUAGE=en_US
+  TERM=xterm
+  PATH=(custom, no user)
+  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
+  SHELL=/bin/bash
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-40.69-powerpc-smp 3.13.11.10
+ Tags:  trusty
+ Uname: Linux 3.13.0-40-powerpc-smp ppc
+ UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
+ UserGroups:
+
+ _MarkForUpload: True

** Attachment added: "Dependencies.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1400967/+attachment/4277317/+files/Dependencies.txt

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Cannot open my session graphically in Lu 14.04 PPC

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

[...]

  ---
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.6
  Architecture: powerpc
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 14.04.1 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release powerpc
(20140722.2)
  Package: lightdm 1.10.1-0ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: powerpc
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-40.69-powerpc-smp 3.13.11.10
  Tags:  trusty
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-40-powerpc-smp ppc
  UserGroups:

  _MarkForUpload: True