Public bug reported:

With the current tab preview implementation, previews are displayed only for
tabs that have an active webview. Since we currently limit the number of
webviews to 2, that means that other tabs don’t get a preview.
Similarly, when restarting the app after closing it, only the preview for the
current tab is visible in the tabs view, because other webviews haven’t been
instantiated yet.

We need a mechanism to persist previews on disk so that their
availability isn’t tied to the actual webview.

** Affects: canonical-devices-system-image

** Affects: webbrowser-app

** Affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

** Affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu RTM)

** Also affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Olivier Tilloy (osomon)

** Also affects: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu RTM)

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu RTM)

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu RTM)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Olivier Tilloy (osomon)

** Also affects: canonical-devices-system-image

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Tab previews should be cached on disk

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  New
Status in Web Browser App:
  In Progress
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu RTM: