This kind of problems usually are caused by mismatching abi, etc. I'm
going to close the bug.

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  after an apt-get upgrade libunityshell was segfaulting (and preventing
  the unity panel and unity launcher from being displayed) until I
  installed the latest libnux

Status in Unity:
  Invalid
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  after an apt-get upgrade  libunityshell was segfaulting (and
  preventing the unity panel and unity launcher from being displayed)
  until I installed the latest libnux

  steps:
  1. install trusty in october
  2. do a bunch periodically install software updates

  expected results:
  unity always has launcher and panel

  actual results:
  unity would not load it's launcher and panel after segfaulting while loading
libunityshell.so

  I had a couple of conflicting packages with sudo apt-get install
gir1.2-clutter which was fixed by upgrading gir1.2-cogl-1.0, but that didn't
solve the issue
  after that I tried installing libnux-4.0-0 and libnux-4.0-common, and that
fixed the issue. I must have had an older version that didn't work with the
latest unity.