This bug was reported nearly 3 years ago and generated very little
interest since then. Debian has replaced Ubuntu on said laptop and I'm
therefore not in a good position to provide anymore information
regarding this bug. Sorry.
--
Nicolas Calderon Asselin

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 2:20 AM, Christopher M. Penalver
<christopher.m.penal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>   0x80000000 (disabled). I couldn't find a tool to mess with that
>   directly and confirm if it's part of the problem. Most likely it's the
>   result of something not being done properly higher up the pipe... but
>   I only know that much about the inner workings of linux (very
>   limited).
>
>   ProblemType: Bug
>   DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
>   Package: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.12.0-1ubuntu5.1
>   ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-24.42-generic 2.6.35.8
>   Uname: Linux 2.6.35-24-generic i686
>   Architecture: i386
>   DRM.card0.LVDS.1:
>    status: connected
>    enabled: enabled
>    dpms: On
>    modes: 1024x768
>    edid-base64:
>   DRM.card0.VGA.1:
>    status: disconnected
>    enabled: disabled
>    dpms: On
>    modes:
>    edid-base64:
>   Date: Sat Jan 22 14:17:00 2011
>   InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release i386 (20101007)
>   Lsusb:
>    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
>   MachineType: IBM 2887W5H
>   PccardctlIdent:
>    Socket 0:
>      no product info available
>   PccardctlStatus:
>    Socket 0:
>      no card
>   ProcCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-24-generic
> root=UUID=9e733a0c-b087-4f98-948b-0d11b228ba40 ro quiet splash
>   ProcEnviron:
>    LANG=en_CA.utf8
>    SHELL=/bin/bash
>   SourcePackage: xserver-xorg-video-intel
>   dmi.bios.date: 11/15/2005
>   dmi.bios.vendor: IBM
>   dmi.bios.version: 1VET67WW (1.25 )
>   dmi.board.name: 2887W5H
>   dmi.board.vendor: IBM
>   dmi.board.version: Not Available
>   dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Information
>   dmi.chassis.type: 10
>   dmi.chassis.vendor: IBM
>   dmi.chassis.version: Not Available
>   dmi.modalias:
> dmi:bvnIBM:bvr1VET67WW(1.25):bd11/15/2005:svnIBM:pn2887W5H:pvrThinkPadR51:rvnIBM:rn2887W5H:rvrNotAvailable:cvnIBM:ct10:cvrNotAvailable:
>   dmi.product.name: 2887W5H
>   dmi.product.version: ThinkPad R51
>   dmi.sys.vendor: IBM
>   glxinfo: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>   system:
>    distro:             Ubuntu
>    codename:           maverick
>    architecture:       i686
>    kernel:             2.6.35-24-generic
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.