Nope, this got fixed, thanks!

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: unity

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  Dash home gives bogus results when there are no matches for a search
  string

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  1) Open the Dash
  2) Search for a nonsense string like "lkadjflkajdlfjald"

  You'll notice that the only results are a full set of "Files &
  Folders" as if I had not searched at all.  But these files and folders
  should not appear at all, as if they matched my search.

  Instead, I'd expect an error message of some such, as I get when
  search on one of the other lenses and no results appear.

  This may be a bug in the files lens instead of unity, I wasn't sure.

  Package: unity 6.12.0daily12.12.05-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.7.0-6-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.7-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: i386
  CheckboxSubmission: 9a284f3f6b4f7829abbe27ad9573a709
  CheckboxSystem: 3935143777c965daaa64b51f0134f712
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]