** Changed in: address-book-app

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to address-book-app in

  Phone numbers are stored as formatted strings and are not found when
  searching

Status in Address Book App:
  Fix Released
Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  Confirmed
Status in address-book-app package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in address-book-app package in Ubuntu RTM:

  There are several problems:

  Search currently requires the user to enter a "space" or "-" character
  to find matching numbers the the contacts and messaging apps.

  Also depending on how the number is entered the formatting is different for
example:
  19995551212 is stored and displayed as "1 999-555-1212"
  whereas
  9995551212 is displayed as "(999) 555-1212"

  There is no way for me to specify a formatted number when creating a contact
so there is no real reason to store it formatted in a way we choose.
  When editing a number I am presented with it formatted which is somewhat
confusing, there is no "-" character available to me.

  I suggest we store the raw number only and always normalize search
  strings to digits and special characters (like *#) only. The
  presentation should be considered separate from the data