Rolf Leggewie, thank you for your comment. First, I wanted to apologize
if you were offended by my removing the bug task you added, or words I
chose to use. It was not meant to anger you, but there has been no
technical evidence presented so far that this is a unity instead of a
linux kernel issue.

Hence, instead of personally attacking me, being rude, trolling me,
making baseless accusations, ranting, etc. why don't you speak to the
technical root cause of this issue, since by changing the bug task again
despite what I have posted, you purport to know more about this then I.

Why exactly is this a unity (userspace) issue, versus a linux kernel (or
something else) one? Typically if one updates the kernel and multiple
keys go out (especially regarding two completely different functionality
areas sound and print screen) that is much more correlated to a kernel
space/xorg/hardware issue versus userspace. I've personally experienced
keys not working after kernel updates, and have had functionality
restored by a BIOS update on one particular hardware, and a kernel
update on another.

Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to your response.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  [REGRESSION 2014-08] Volume up/down keys, and printScreen key, have
  stopped working

Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  All of a sudden, the volume keys from the keyboard have stopped
  working.

  The volume control on the top right corner of the screen does work if
  used with the mouse.

  I have both an external usb keyboard with dedicated volume + and -
  keys, and the builtin laptop keyboard where the volume +/-keys are the
  combination of the Fn key plus the up/down arrows.

  All these used to work up to a few minutes ago. Now none of them works.
  I think they stopped working with the last reboot.

  Package: linux-image-3.13.0-32-generic 3.13.0-32.57
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-32.57-generic 3.13.11.4
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-32-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  teo        2303 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   teo        2303 F...m pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Tue Aug  5 23:13:35 2014
  HibernationDevice: RESUME=UUID=ff7e702a-a05a-47fd-8c14-551e81f9e9e3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" - Release amd64 (20130424)
  MachineType: Acer Aspire V3-571G
  ProcFB: 0 inteldrmfb
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-32-generic.efi.signed
root=UUID=5830b30e-69e8-4bb4-8a2b-bc2b43c7414a ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-3.13.0-32-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-3.13.0-32-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                             1.127.5
  SourcePackage: linux
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-05-24 (73 days ago)
  dmi.bios.date: 10/15/2012
  dmi.bios.vendor: Acer
  dmi.bios.version: V2.07
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Type2 - Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: VA50_HC_CR
  dmi.board.vendor: Acer
  dmi.board.version: Type2 - Board Version
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Acer
  dmi.chassis.version: V2.07
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAcer:bvrV2.07:bd10/15/2012:svnAcer:pnAspireV3-571G:pvrV2.07:rvnAcer:rnVA50_HC_CR:rvrType2-BoardVersion:cvnAcer:ct10:cvrV2.07:
  dmi.product.name: Aspire V3-571G
  dmi.product.version: V2.07
  dmi.sys.vendor: Acer