I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T440s, which has a ClickPad.
It should support at least 3 finger touches:

xinput --list-props 12 | grep Capabilities
        Synaptics Capabilities (317):   1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1

but geistest and grail-test tell me:

geis: attr "device touches" = 2
grail: Maximum touches: 2

I disabled the 2 and 3 finger handling in synaptics and then, touchegg
recognizes 2 finger gestures.
But I'm not able to use 3 or more finger gestures :(
I'm using KDE, but output and behaviour is the same in fluxbox.

I'm not sure if this device is a real Multi-touch device or not, so
maybe it's a different bug?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to frame in Ubuntu.

  Provide emulated three-touch gesture support for two-touch trackpads

Status in Open Input Framework Frame Library:
  Triaged
Status in Open Input Framework Grail Library:
  Triaged
Status in frame package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in grail package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  Two-touch multitouch trackpads usually tell how many total touches are
  on the device. If the trackpad reports three total touches, we can
  emulate three touch gestures by following the movements of the two
  reported touches. This requires the X server sending the details on
  the number of touches, and the uTouch stack interpreting those
  details.

  Original Bug Report
  3 Finger touch support worked out of the box on my Dell XPS L501x in Ubunt
11.10.
  This is no longer the case in 12.04.
  Symclient -m 100 reports all 3 fingers detected. Even the synaptiks app
reports 3 finger touch support.  It definitely worked fine in 11.10.
  Geisview reports "device touches: 2"

  Any suggestions?

  I know the hardware supports it, because it worked before.