[Expired for cups (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Ubuntu 14.04 only prints LibreOffice Docs

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I use Ubuntu 14.04, a Logilink Fast Ethernet Printserver and a HP
  Color Laserjet 2550L. Under Ubuntu 12.10 everything worked fine and I
  could print any file.

  The printer is connected via a USB to the Printserver and adressed via
  HP Jet Direct. As already said, everything worked fine under 12.10 and
  I didn't change any settings on the printserver.

  I use the ubuntu tool for installing the printer, as a normal user not
  su. Searching the network, for network printers offers me three
  possibilities for adressing the printer. HP Jet Direct, IPP and
  LPD/LPR. I tried all of them with the same result. I use the drivers
  from the Database, not surprisingly HP/Color Laserjet 2550/HP Color
  Laserjet 2550 Series Postscript [en] (recommended).

  After installing the printer the first thing that fails is the
  Testpage. The ubunut printer spooler tells me that the job is in
  progress and the printer starts to blink to tell me that he is
  receiving input. Unfortunatly the job never starts or gets finished.
  After blinking quite a while the printer stops an nothing happes.

  Interestingly, after canceling the job on my computer and a restart of
  the printer, the printserver and my computer, I can open libre office
  writing "Hello World" go to print and the printer starts immediately
  and prints the correct result. But this only works for libreoffice and
  only with text, as soon as there is an image in the document it
  doesn't work. I can't print any pdf or even from gedit. Nothing works.
  Always the same as with the Testpage. Printer starts to blink but
  nothing happens.

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04

  Thanks for Help.