Please show the /etc/fstab from the affected system, and indicate which
mounts are not being mounted before the event is emitted.

** Changed in: mountall (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mountall in Ubuntu.

  mountall incorrectly emits the "local-filesystems" signal

Status in mountall package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I was just debugging the problem, that my squid-deb-proxy does not
  start at boot time, the logs say it just exits with status=1. When I
  start it manually as root, it smoothly starts without any problem.

  Reason:

  I have a server system with a small SSD as a boot partition and three
  huge 4TB-disks, which form a zfs zpool. For obvious reasons I have put
  the cache partition for squid-deb-proxy on the zfs disks.

  Unfortunately, squid-deb-proxy starts immediately after the local-
  filesytems signal is emitted in /etc/init/squid-deb-proxy.

  The mountall package emits a local-filesystems signal after it has
  done it's job, and squid-deb-proxy tries to start, although the zfs
  (and thus local filesystems) are not ready yet.

  So mountall declares mounting to be finished altough it does not care
  about all mounts, and thus emits misleading signals.

  regards