Sorry but I can not agree with the analyses. As I said (#16), the issue remains
after the duplicate token was resolved. Also Alberto's take just does not fly
(the assumption that the U1 account never was properly created), because how
else could I install every other app from the store?
I do not like to waste anyone’s time and I can see that when no one else is
reporting this, It seems kind of flaky. Yet I can still reproduce this issue
consistently to this day: My U1 account works fine and I can do anything one
should expect it to do. Except that installing a couple of very specific apps
cause U1 to crash(or at least for all intents and purposes, be deleted from the
phone). The consistency just does not add up to some fluke occurrence.
I am replying especially again because -if this is indeed an issue with merrit-
the implications may just be big. (U1 accounts in relation to the clickstore in
certain cases can not guarantee cardinality)
I will continue to provide whatever is needed if some one asks, but will not
pursue it any more myself.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-system-settings-
online-accounts in Ubuntu.

  u1 account crashes and gets removed when installing app

Status in ubuntu-system-settings-online-accounts package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in ubuntuone-credentials package in Ubuntu:

  platform: Ubuntu touch
  image: rtm #6
  device: Mako

  after updating to rtm #6 today, I tried installing an app from the
  store. The app in question is the new Grooveshark app by Grooveshark
  (NOT the one by Adnane Belmadiaf)

  When I hit the install button, I get an error:

  Login Error
  Please log in to your Ubuntu One account

  Sure enough, my U1 is gone fron the registered online accounts.

  I can re-add my U1 account and try again to add the app but the same
  thing happens every time. Even after a device reboot.

  Note that it has something to do with this app. Other apps install normally.
  (Needless to say i have not tried every app or scope in the store so there
might be others that trigger this as well.)

  Cheers,

  Mat