This bug was fixed in the package unity8 -
8.02+15.04.20150113.1-0ubuntu1

---------------
unity8 (8.02+15.04.20150113.1-0ubuntu1) vivid; urgency=low

  [ Andrea Cimitan ]
  * support background on horizontal cards with summary (LP: #1393008)

  [ Gerry Boland ]
  * DashCommunicator: replace QDBusInterface with a non-blocking
    simplification which does not introspect the service on creation
    (LP: #1403508)

  [ Leo Arias ]
  * Added an autopilot test for the edges demo.

  [ Albert Astals ]
  * Don't show the manage dash pull up arrow on temp scopes (LP:
    #1401869)
  * Remove hack, newer Qt already support keyClick(char)
  * Tests: Add Qt 5.5 removal TODOs
  * Make sure we use fPIC when compiling files for the static library
    too
  * Make sure changing a scope doesn't trigger creation/destruction of
    delegates until it's finished (LP: #1410122)

  [ Michael Zanetti ]
  * patch debian/control file before using it to make it work with mk-
    build-deps
 -- Ubuntu daily release <ps-jenk...@lists.canonical.com>   Tue, 13 Jan 2015
20:58:08 +0000

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  Dash should not update visibility ranges/buffer when switching scopes

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  So that switching scopes is as smooth as possible we should not update
  the visibility ranges/buffer of Dash Category items when switching
  scopes, that way less creations/destructions of items will happen
  meaning a smoother animation between scopes.