There are significant problems with the configurations of both sites:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=tm3.com
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=ws.myfax.com

That said, I was able to establish a connection to both sites by
manually requesting SSL3 on the command line:

The following commands worked fine for me on my 14.04 LTS machine:

openssl s_client -ssl3 -verify 10 -CApath /etc/ssl/certs/ -connect
ws.myfax.com:443
openssl s_client -ssl3 -verify 10 -CApath /etc/ssl/certs/ -connect
www.tm3.com:443

Thanks

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  SSL_connect:unknown state

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:

  Running "openssl s_client", I'm getting some websites (www.tm3.com,
  ws.myfax.com) that cause requests to hang. I compiled openssl-1.0.1k
  and it seems to be working now. Is there a more correct fix other than
  compiling the newest openssl?