DATA LOSS:  I would like to "up vote" this because I have in-directly
experienced data loss by having a window with input (email) that I went
"always on top" and then shadded.  My email disappeared.  I had no way
to get back to it unless I clossed the browser windows that were
visible... only then did it re-appear.  HOWEVER, that window had lost
connection to my server at that point, so the data was lost.

I would like very much for this to get fixed.  The "Always on top" and
shade feature has long been a strong point for my linux use and
workflow.  Unity has grown a lot and I now uaually find it the DE I
prefer to work in unless I need shaded windows and so forth...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  window disappears on toggle shade

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:

  I used Unity Tweak Tool to enable Toggle Shade using middle click.
  When I click to top of the window, it rolls up and disappears. A
  "ghost" outline of the window appears and the only way to get the
  window back is by using Alt-tab. Sometimes, when reselecting the
  window using Alt-tab, Ubuntu freezes (crashes) and an internal error
  is generated. It seems to be related to Compiz but I'm not sure. An
  error report was generated and sent.

  Release:      14.04
  unity-tweak-tool 0.0.6ubuntu1

  I expected the window would "roll up" and I'd be left with the
  window's top bar like with previous versions of Ubuntu.