Hi Brian,

this worked!! Thank you very much, the problem the problem seems to be
solved soon. BUT: not all the webapps available in the Ubuntu Software-
Center work. After installing:

     unity-webapps-qml_0.1+14.10.20141205-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb

I tested the following webapps (ordered alphabetically):

Amazon: works
BBC News: DOES NOT WORK - real nice blank window as known from this bug - blame
the Britons for that ;-)
cnn-news: works
Deezer: DOES NOT WORK - blank window as known from this bug
DeviantArt: works
Facebook"Messenger": works, but shows the normal fb website in Ubuntu's
webbrowser-app
Gmail: works
Google+: works
GoogleCalendar: works
GoogleDocs: works
Launchpad: works
LibreFm: works
Linkedln: works
Newsblur: works
Reddit: works
Tublr: works
Twitter: works
wordpress: works
YahooMail: works
YahooNews: seems to connect with server news.yahoo.com, but DOES NOT WORK
fully. A message "Error in showing
file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/Ubuntu/UnityWebApps/news.yahoo.com" is
shown.
YandexMail: works
YouTube: works

Thank you for your efforts! Cheers, Michael

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-webapps-qml in

  unity webapps don't work in Ubuntu 14.10

Status in Telegram Unity Webapp:
  New
Status in unity-webapps-gmail package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in unity-webapps-qml package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in unity-webapps-qml source package in Utopic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  No webapp will start in 14.10.

  [Test Case]

  - install a webapp (e.g. unity-webapps-gmail),
  - click on the launcher/dash icon for gmail,
  - make sure that the GMail webapp starts and that a gmail loging prompt
appears,

  [Regression Potential]

  None

  -------------------------

  Original bug description:

  I have tested webapps even after the latest updates in Ubuntu 14.10
  The result is the same: Blank screen to all, always reproducible, in any
condition, even after a fresh installation
  even after the last updates.
  I have not modified my system in any way to affect webapps and all default
packages are there.
  It applies to all webapps, youtube, gmail, livemail, reddit, etc.

  Technical Info,
  Ubuntu 14.10
  Package - Unity Webapps  Webapps - Unity integration
  Webapps should open normally
  Result: Blank screen