** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Bill Filler (bfiller)

** Tags added: usability

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dialer-app in Ubuntu.

  UI has unwanted transitions when receiving a call

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu UX bugs:
  New
Status in dialer-app package in Ubuntu:

  When an incoming call is answered when the dialer app is not running I
  see the following:

  The lock screen is shown
  The Phone splashscreen is shown "Phone" in the header with a blank panel
  The dialer is shown with calling number in the header
  the dialer is shown with  the contact name in the header

  What I expect when answering:
  I go straight to a page that looks like the dialer but is not enabled, or t
least does not have a blank panel
  I go to the dialer page and see the calling contact name on the active call

  After the call is hungup and the phone is locked, unlock the phone with the
dialer app as the active app
  The dialer panel is seen with the header "Emergency calls"then changes to AT&T

  Similar poor transitions are seen when going form a voicemail or missed call
notification.
  In this case I often see "No net" prior to seeing AT&T

  The experience is better when the app has been run, but we still see
  the lock screen.

  It seems we should not be setting default text for the header, but
  should wait until the correct state and context is known.