Public bug reported:

When a user clicks the network manager indicator, a dropdown appears and
lists wifi networks. This menu should NOT display networks that the user
has never connected to. Networks the user has never connected to should
only display in the "More networks" folder. At a mininum, the user
should be given the ability to confine unwanted networks in the "More
networks" folder.

It is an unproductive design choice to force users to have to wade
through networks they have never connected to (networks they will never
connect to) in their menu. Numerous reasons exist why a user will not
use the Auto-Connect setting for wireless networks. So it makes sense
and is more efficient to have the menu only display the networks the
user makes active use of and no more.

When I click on the Network Manager Indicator and select "Edit
Connections" and then look under the "Wifi" heading, only a couple
networks appear. So why do 5 or more networks (networks I have never
connected to, networks I never will connect to) perpetually show in the
Network Indicator menu? They should not be displayed like they are. They
should be confined to the "More networks" folder. Alternatively, there
should be a way to manually confine/sandbox unwanted networks to this
folder so they no longer display in the dropdown menu.

In the interest of providing a visual example of what I am talking about, here
is a picture of some networks I would like to hide/remove from my Network
Indicator menu.
http://a.pomf.se/fdqlnn.png

** Affects: indicator-network (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Networks I have never connected to should be confined to the "More
  Networks" folder

Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu: