Public bug reported:

current build number: 127
device name: krillin
channel: ubuntu-touch/devel-proposed

Two SIMs installed, SIM in the second slot is PIN-locked.

It's possible for a PIN to be entered on the SIM auto-prompt screen (
displayed at boot ) and the subsequent action ( ie. the DBus EnterPin
call to ofono ) to get dropped.   This results in the SIM still being
locked when the user dismisses the greeter.

This bug was discovered while testing an ofono vivid silo.  The
associated ofono merge request is:

https://code.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/ofono/ww10-update/+merge/250665

The version of ofono in the silo (ubuntu-013) is:

1.12.bzr6888+15.04.20150224-0ubuntu1

There's some kind of race condition involved, as this seldom happens (
~5% of the time ).

I was finally able to prove that this was unity8 ( or some other upper
layer component ) by adding info log messages to the ofono functions
that handle the DBus EnterPin method, and the associated callback
function.  The scenario that clinched it for me was:

1. Boot phone

2. Enter bad PIN and tap check button when prompted for SIM2
[ See that remaining Retries is reported as 2 ]

3. Enter PIN again and tap check button again

4. Examine syslog and notice that there's only a single call to
EnterPIN, which is followed by a log message showing the callback
failure for the bad PIN entered.

** Affects: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

+
+ The version of ofono in the silo (ubuntu-013) is:
+
+ 1.12.bzr6888+15.04.20150224-0ubuntu1

  There's some kind of race condition involved, as this seldom happens (
  ~5% of the time ).

  I was finally able to prove that this was unity8 ( or some other upper
  layer component ) by adding info log messages to the ofono functions
  that handle the DBus EnterPin method, and the associated callback
  function.  The scenario that clinched it for me was:

  1. Boot phone

  2. Enter bad PIN and tap check button when prompted for SIM2
  [ See that remaining Retries is reported as 2 ]

  3. Enter PIN again and tap check button again

  4. Examine syslog and notice that there's only a single call to
- EnterPIN, which is followed by a log message showing callback failure
- for the bad PIN entered.
+ EnterPIN, which is followed by a log message showing the callback
+ failure for the bad PIN entered.

  SIM PIN Unlock doesn't always trigger an actual unlock action

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu: