Public bug reported:

Background:
AP hotspots are currently provisioned like this [1]. I don't precisely know why
we need to poke the driver, but AP hotspots on krillin fails without it.

Rationale:
Ubuntu System Settings needs to do the same things as aforementioned script,
but via dbus [2] as phablet/current non-privileged user.

What happens:
If phablet runs [2], this error message [3] is produced, which I interpret to
be equivalent with "you're not welcome here".

What should happen instead:
Ubuntu System Settings should be allowed to make the call

[1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/+junk/touch-hotspot/view/head:/hotspot.py
[2] gdbus call --system -d fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1 -o /fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1 -m
fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.SetInterfaceFirmware / ap
[3] http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/10489519/

** Affects: dbus (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  Background:
  AP hotspots are currently provisioned like this [1]. I don't precisely know
why we need to poke the driver, but AP hotspots on krillin fails without it.

  Rationale:
- Ubuntu System Settings needs to do the same thins as aforementioned script,
but via dbus [2] as phablet/current non-privileged user.
+ Ubuntu System Settings needs to do the same things as aforementioned script,
but via dbus [2] as phablet/current non-privileged user.

  What happens:
  If phablet runs [2], this error message [3] is produced, which I interpret to
be equivalent with "you're not welcome here".

  What should happen instead:
  Ubuntu System Settings should be allowed to make the call

  [1]
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/+junk/touch-hotspot/view/head:/hotspot.py
  [2] gdbus call --system -d fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1 -o /fi/w1/wpa_supplicant1 -m
fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.SetInterfaceFirmware / ap
  [3] http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/10489519/

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to dbus in Ubuntu.

  Allow ubuntu-system-settings to set a device's firmware through
  wpa_supplicant

Status in dbus package in Ubuntu: