Public bug reported:

I have noticed consistently that after upgrading the phone to vivid,
while developing apps and running them on the device via Qtcreator,
after a few runs, when the device locks (due to timeout, or manual
locking) it is no longer possible to unlock the device by typing in the
password in the lock screen since when I type the password, the
passphrase characters are not typed into the textfield. It is sort of
like the lock screen does not take any input. The only way to fix the
solution is to reboot the phone since I cannot adb into the device
without unlocking it first to do any unity8 reboots.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Connect the phone to the laptop.
2. Open any app in Qtcreator and set it to run the app on the device.
3. Run the app on the device.
4. Close the app on the phone and lock the device.
5. Try unlocking the device.

What happens:
Device is locked and the lock screen textfield does not accept any input.
Pressing on the keypad buttons doesnt do anything

Note: This only happens when the phone is running vivid. Ubuntu-rtm
works fine.

System Information:
Laptop: Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Nexus 4(Mako) running vivid img 125
qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu: 3.1.1+15.04.20150224-0ubuntu1~0trusty1

** Affects: qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu (Ubuntu)

** Affects: unity8 (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  I have noticed consistently that after upgrading the phone to vivid,
  while developing apps and running them on the device via Qtcreator,
  after a few runs, when the device locks (due to timeout, or manual
  locking) it is no longer possible to unlock the device by typing in the
  password in the lock screen since when I type the password, the
  passphrase characters are not typed into the textfield. It is sort of
  like the lock screen does not take any input. The only way to fix the
  solution is to reboot the phone since I cannot adb into the device
  without unlocking it first to do any unity8 reboots.

  Steps to reproduce the issue:
  1. Connect the phone to the laptop.
  2. Open any app in Qtcreator and set it to run the app on the device.
  3. Run the app on the device
  4. Close the app and lock the device
[...]

  Unable to enter password in the lock screen after using Qtcreator to
  run apps on the device

Status in qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu: