** Also affects: canonical-devices-system-image

** Changed in: indicator-network (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Pete Woods (pete-woods)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Indicator can fail to display panel icon

Status in the base for Ubuntu mobile products:
  New
Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu:

  current build number: 122
  device name: krillin
  channel: ubuntu-touch/devel-proposed

  It's possible for the device to boot in such a manner that the
  network-indicator doesn't display an icon on the top panel ( see
  attached screenshot ).

  This bug was discovered while testing an ofono vivid silo. The
  associated ofono merge request is:

  https://code.launchpad.net/~phablet-
  team/ofono/ww10-update/+merge/250665

  The version of ofono in the silo (ubuntu-013) is:

  1.12.bzr6888+15.04.20150224-0ubuntu1

  This version of ofono fixes a couple of bugs, the most important being
  a regression on krillin where the 2nd SIM isn't always recognized on
  boot.

  My testing was performed using two SIMs, with the 2nd SIM being PIN-
  locked.

  In the case of the missing icon, no PIN unlock screen was displayed
  after booting.

  I checked using 'ps' and an indicator-network process is running,
  however when I checked /home/phablet/.cache/upstart, there only
  indicator-network log files I see are the saved .gz files.  There's no
  unzipped/current indicator-network.log.  The .gz log file with the
  most recent timestamp shows a single log message:

  phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~/.cache/upstart$ less indicator-network.log.1.gz
  void core::dbus::Property<T>::handle_changed(const
core::dbus::types::Variant&) [with PropertyType =
org::freedesktop::URfkill::Interface::Killswitch::Property::State]:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Get" with signature "ss" on
interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

  I checked and urfkilld is running on the system.

  I also verified that there were no crash files present on the system.

  I also checked and there was nothing relevant in syslog.

  This bug is hard to reproduce as well.  I've hit it 4 or 5 times out
  of a total of maybe 45-50 reboots.