Hello Gunnar,

I see! No, unfortunately we also need the accute dead keys for á, é, í,
ó and ú.

The "key" (phisically speaking) must be the same. That is, 'a = á, and
'c = ç

(We also have other accents, such as à, ã, ê, etc., but all other accents work
perfectly in the US-Intl with dead keys layout. The only exception is the
cedilla.

In other words, we need to do what the workarounds do, that is, to change the
behavior of the 'c combination, and only that.

Thanks again,
Leandro.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  cedilla appears as accented c (ć instead of ç) when typing 'c

Status in central project for keyboard configuration:
  Confirmed
Status in gtk+2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in xkeyboard-config package in Ubuntu:

  When typing in a US-international keyboard with dead-keys (or
UK-international),
  typing 'c results in an accented c instead of a cedilla.

  There is a workaround, which is editing the

  /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodule-files.d/libgtk2.0-0.immodules

  file and changing the line

  "cedilla" "Cedilla" "gtk20" "/usr/share/locale"
  "az:ca:co:fr:gv:oc:pt:sq:tr:wa"

  "cedilla" "Cedilla" "gtk20" "/usr/share/locale"
  "az:ca:co:fr:gv:oc:pt:sq:tr:wa:en"

  (add the 'en' at the end).

  However, every time some update on this file is applied, one looses the
change,
  and we get back to the accented c. That means having to modify the file again,
  logout and login.

  For me this is no problem. But for my brother, mom, dad, etc, it is always
something
  that at least makes me less proud of having convinced them to use Ubuntu,
because
  they don't know what to do each time this happens.

  I think we really need a configurable keyboard layout, or at least (and that
would
  be very easy), the inclusion of alternate layouts on install that for the
dead-key
  options (as US-deadkey and UK-deakey), alternate layouts as
US-deadkey-cedilla.

  This change is relevant for at least Portuguese and French.